HOMEWORK - Mrs. Benedetto
Grade 4 Math & Science Teacher
*Scholastic Code N4LJW
Have a wonderful summer!
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 6-17 to 6-21
1. Clorox Wipes - we are in need of some; help us keep our classroom sanitary
2. Class party Thursday
1. Play with Prodigy, Moby Max Math, or Moby Max Fluency - usernames/passwords will not be deleted for the summer, use the sites :)
1. Moby Max Science - usernames/passwords will not be deleted for the summer, use the sites :)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 6-10 to 6-14
1. Bring in library books to return on Fridays
2. Clorox Wipes - we are in need of some; help us keep our classroom sanitary
1. Play with Prodigy, Moby Max Math, or Moby Max Fluency
1. Enrichment Project - Earn a 100% Project/Test Grade (bring in your project on 6-17, see details in Google Classroom!)
The objective regarding homework is for students to complete all assignments so they can achieve their personal academic best. Keep in mind how important organization and communication is between home and school. Please know that assignments are reviewed in class allowing for clarification. Following is how the process works.
First, every student is supplied with an assignment planner and a homework folder, also known as the "boomerang" folder. Students will record their homework daily in the assignment planner. The homework "boomerang" folder must be kept tucked in the back of the assignment planner at all times (school and home) since it has sections for student work, items to stay home, notes to and from parents, etc. The assignment planner and boomerang folder combination is an essential aspect for student organization and home/school communication. Students will bring their homework pads and boomerang folders home daily so parents can see what is going on at a glance. I will initial assignment planners most days verifying all assignments have been recorded by your child and keep this website updated with homework assignments.
Next, homework needs to be turned in when it is due (assignments are due the next day unless otherwise noted), be completed as explained/demonstrated and show a good effort for full credit-meaning try every problem to the best :of the student's ability. We'll review homework together in class the day it is due. Keep in mind that students may arrive to school at 7:45 am and homeroom ends at 8:11am so there's time at school to work on homework. Usually, homework will be assigned Mon. - Thurs. including reading and math.
Finally, students have an opportunity to receive 70% credit for a missed assignment if the student completes the assignment and turns it in to the In-Box by Friday of the same week of the assignment. If an assignment was not turned in when it was due, students will highlight that assignment in yellow in their assignment planner serving as a reminder to complete, finish, find, or re-do the assignment for credit.