Valley Road School utilizes a mass notification system called SchoolMessenger to deliver important information to families. (Note:SchoolMessenger replaces Honeywell Instant Alert System) Parents/Guardians are encouraged to sign up for the SchoolMessenger App using the following steps:
- Access the SchoolMessenger app via the Play Store, App Store or by navigating to https://go.schoolmessenger.com
- Click on "Sign Up"
- Enter your email address (we must have it on file) and desired password
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account. Click the link.
- Once you are at the main screen, click on the menu button in the top left and select "Preferences".
- Select each notification type and choose how you want to be notified (phone/email/text).
Text messaging is available in SchoolMessenger! Our school utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. In order to participate, your cell phone number must be in our records. If you need to add or remove a phone number from SchoolMessenger, or if you are notified that your email address is not associated with any SchoolMessenger-enabled records, please update your contact information via the Genesis Parent Portal.
You can participate in this free service by simply sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to 67587. You can also opt out of these messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.